Our Five Favorite Holiday Songs
The holidays, of course, are a time for family, but sometimes, the family can get a bit restless. Perhaps that’s why Christmas is the time of year that comes with the deepest soundtrack – one that’s sure to soothe even the most anxious for Santa souls. Here are a few of our Ninja favorites. Enjoy.
5. Bing Crosby and David Bowie cross generations with this beautifully sung a capella rendition of the “Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth.”
4. It would be a true Christmas miracle if the Bay Area saw snow this year, but that doesn’t stop us from enjoying Ole Blue Eyes from crooning his version of “Let It Snow.”
3. Bob Dylan isn’t always the über serious folkster. In this version of “It Must be Santa,” Dylan lets loose and gives us something truly infectious. Try not tapping your toes.
2. Not everyone is with family this Christmas. Some people are home alone, or worse, have been left home alone. If you have Christmas angst (and who doesn’t), vent it with this punk rock version of an anti-Christmas song. From Kate Nash, “I Hate You This Christmas.”
1. No modern list is complete without this modern classic from Mariah Carey, “All I Want for Christmas.”
To be fair, there are a lot more than five favorites, but we had limited space. Please, feel free to share yours in the comments.